love

love
pure & simple

Thursday, February 19, 2009

journal entry #56

*Go back in time to when I first moved up to Utah State. The following excerpt is my first day living in Logan as a college student!*

August 22, 2006

Well it's the end of the day that I've been dreading since the beginning of the summer. And believe it or not, I survived! I didn't die! My roommate is SO nice! She's extremely sweet and helpful. She kinda reminds me of Megan Sahleen and Kristin Nielson. And Martha gave me the Batman pillow from Target I've been drooling over all summer. She left this note attached to him, "Here's someone to cuddle with...OR when you get mad...PUMMEL! Have fun! I love you! -Martha" I'm a lucky girl, so many people care about me!

Terri and Dad bought me my first set of groceries too! Terri put some funny sticky tags on almost everything. My personal favorite was: (it was attached to a package of knee-hi's) "Remember, it takes more than tights and a cape to be a superman!"

I was strong the entire day! No tears escaped at all. But really, my family is so good to me. I'm going to raise a family just like mine. I've just decided that. Even Shelley Nowers called to wish me good luck. I love people!

My room is all set up and I absolutely love it! I love the desk with all the drawers and all the shelf space. But class starts tomorrow bright and early so I better get some sleep.

No comments: