love

love
pure & simple

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

the countdown - week 30

Updated Note: This blog is titled “the Bare Beat” yet as I’ve been perusing the past posts I’ve noticed something, it’s mostly about me. Sure, Ben pops in here and there but in all honesty, until we start having kids I think this blog will be hovering around that somewhat conceited note. Sorry! But I will make an effort to include Ben in on this 30 week challenge. Maybe we’ll have a column “She” and a column “He”…..
 I haven’t been great about blogging but I recently saw this on a friend’s blog and wanted to try it. But not in 30 days – I'm not that dedicated, I’m shooting more for 30 weeks. That way, blogging should become a habit and I can include recent goings-on in our life. At least that’s the plan. Let’s see how it turns out.
 
Week 01 - A picture of yourself with ten little known facts
Opening night! Ah-MAZ-ing! -the show, not the lady's rear.

1. I worked at a pony ride and it is still, to this day, the BEST job I have ever had.

2. Contrary to what I’d always thought, I don’t like my sandwiches cut in any way. I fought with myself for a long time on this one. I felt like I needed to have a way to cut them; diagonal, horizontal, squares, triangles? I found myself hiding this from Ben. He would always cut my sandwich for me in what he thought was a cute show of affection (little did he know, it was tearing me apart inside). Instead of coming clean, I began taking a really long time to put my sandwich together so he would already be eating his and not notice that mine was uncut. But as of a few days ago I finally accepted myself and came clean, the center of the sandwich is the best part. don’t disrupt it.

3. I played soccer while growing up. I was primarily the goalie and I won’t lie, I felt like I was pretty darn good at it. In fact, our rival team gave me a nickname, “the wall”. Yes, I was flattered but because of my oversensitivity and the fact that I was (and still am) a porky kid:), I was always a little paranoid about it. 

4. I pretend to love and want a motorcycle. In reality, I’m terrified I would fall off of it and die. Considering my background with bicycles, I think those feelings are valid.

5. I have never broken a bone; which is pretty cool considering I hate milk (no calcium) and I’m clumsy.

6. I have an issue with #5. Once when I used this fact in a game of “Never have I ever”, I was told I must lead a boring life. I’ve rolled down mountains, been bucked off horses (and ponies), dove into pools of kicking feet (with cleats on), and lived a life with no shoes traipsing around the neighborhood as a child just as the other kids did. No I don’t lead a boring life. I lead a successful life. When I did stupid things as a kid, I didn’t get caught because I broke something – I got away with it. Is that the definition of success??? Hmmm. Thought provoking comment I just made there:)

7. As a kid I wore leg braces. I was pigeon-toed and had to wear these leg straightening metal brackets every night. Martha was the lucky one who shared a bed with me. I’m told she still has scars from my “jimmy legs”. 

8. My picture and one of my programs was in the most recent edition of the USU magazine. It was exciting:D

9. I am taking classes again, Management and Accounting. I want to work for Target as an HR rep. Hopefully my boss never reads this… Although I’m sure she’s gotten my obvious hints that I don’t particularly enjoy the behind the scenes aspect of fundraising.

10. I love traveling! Not by car, but by every other mode of transportation. My ultimate vacation destination would be to go on an African Safari. Where I could hold and play with all sorts of baby animals; elephants, tigers, lions, kangaroos, sea lions, panda bears, zebras, EVERY kind of baby animal!

There you have it. My goal was that, no matter who read this – even Ben, that they would learn something new about me. Did I succeed?

3 comments:

Dasha said...

That was really fun to read, and I learned a lot about. I look forward to the next 29 weeks. This is a good challenge.

Carrie and Nathan said...

Good to hear an update from you! This was fun to read and I learned a few interesting tid bits about ya sista!

ABick said...

yes! i LOVE that you are blogging again and that I am too! suhweet!