love

love
pure & simple

Monday, December 1, 2008

Ode to Wicked


I finally saw it!

After 5 excruciating long years of only dreaming about seeing this extraordinary broadway, I finally saw it!

Wicked, the musical. Fabulous! Hilarious! Superb! Breath-taking! Exquisite! Mind-boggling! Fantastic! Tear-jerking! Wonderful! All of these things and so very, very much more!
I can honestly say I was crying throughout the ENTIRE first half. By intermission I had black streaks running down my face. My program was wrinkled and moist from my sweaty, clenched palms. You may think I was/am embarrassed by this fact. But no, oh no. I am willing to be brutally honest in my ode to this incredible performance. I turned to my sisters with an enormous smile on my blackened face stuttering, "I c-can't believe I'm r-really h-h-here!" As I rapidly wiped my tears away. It was to say the least, great.

4 comments:

ABick said...

you would cry...

Ryan and Savvy said...

elizabeth...i'm so jealous I'm CRYING!!!!

lucky!

Unknown said...

Hey chicka!!!! Hope you and Ben are doing well.

Terri said...

All I can say is I still love to read what you write! I think you have missed your calling! You are an amazing writer! Please print a hard copy for your records!

We love you! Both Dad & I read your blog! Love and miss you! TErri